Friday, July 11, 2014

Haigler

For my second opportunity to "seize the moment", my friend Amy invited us at the last minute to go with her and her kids up to the mountains to visit Haigler where her mom lives. I called Dana to make sure he was fine with it, and we started packing. It was just for one night but basically 2 days, and we had so much fun! Emma wasn't sure she wanted to go because she'd be the only teenager, so Amy was so nice to let her bring cousin Jane.

Here's some pictures of the fun...



There's a pretty stream right next to the house.
 
The boys had fun catching crawdads in it.

I think all my kids said they liked the 4-wheelers the best when I asked them what their favorite thing was.
 

  

I had fun driving a little off road car for the first time! We got to drive fast through the stream and totally splashed ourselves:)
I'm adding this even though I know I look like a super freak in it just because I had so much fun.
 
The open road.
 

They also LOVED the zip-line.


Everyone also had a ton of fun at the swimming hole.
 

The water was a little chilly!
 
I think Emma and Jane were the first to jump in.
 
Then they helped "catch" the younger kids when they jumped:)
 
Those big girls sure come in handy sometimes:)





We also enjoyed some down time. Ellie and Holly made this cute sign devoted to the things they saw or found there. :)
 

Such a fun little getaway! We're so blessed to have good friends!

No comments: