
The kids were really the best part. They are kind, bright, and thoughtful. And definitely full of energy!
Obviously, I couldn't be a chaperone for Eli's group being a female, but I was so lucky to have such an amazing group of girls. They were awesome:) For all the activities, our girls group was paired with Eli's group, so during the day I got to hang-out with him a lot.
The camp, "Chapel Rock", had it all: super fun, educational, hands-on, and beautiful up in Prescott. Here are only some of the cool activities we got to do:
Geocaching
Dissecting owl pellets (regurgitated remains of an animal that the owl can't digest- mainly bones) (Eli was completely fascinated.)

An awesome hike where Eli got to ask lots (and lots) of questions about anything.

Team Challenges

Acting out the water cycle

Eli's favorite- the big rock wall with a zip-line at the top!

He made it to the top!

It must be mentioned that so did I!! Okay, I was just a little excited when I made it up because after climbing a couple feet I had some serious doubts. We had to pick climbing names. Eli chose "Everest Climber" and after thinking for a few minutes of trying to come up with something, the name that ended up coming out of my mouth was "Dream Climber" (Haha-seriously). About half way up the guy motivating and giving out tips from down below noticed how much my arms were shaking and started calling out "Dream Climber! You Can Do This!" "Put your foot there!" Etc. When I was almost to the top (unbeknownst to me because I was so focused on one arm or foot at a time that I wasn't looking up or down) a voice very close said "Okay, just reach up over the top and grab that ledge". Surprised I looked up and 3 men were watching me. Just a little embarrassing! No pictures of me and I'm okay with that :)
My favorite- the skits each group had to put on at night.

Some of these kids were so funny. I was crying/laughing during one. Plus, I was probably in 6th grade mode by then.
It was great. Overall, I was left with a sense of how blessed we are to be a part of such a wonderful community/school. Grateful to be with Eli and watch him thrive around good people:).
No comments:
Post a Comment