These cute little baby teeth no longer appreciated...

Finally, this year in 1st grade, one actually really wiggled. Unlike Emma who would relentlessly pry and twist her teeth as soon as she realized one had started thinking about coming out (which always generated surprisingly fast results), Sadie is more of a bide-your-timer. Not really a recommended method when you're eager.
Well, one night last month she decided enough was enough. She apparently was the ONLY one left in her class that hadn't lost a tooth and it was game time. First she came to me and begged me for help. I tried wiggling hard which hurt her, which resulted in me telling her to keep working at it herself. She was not happy with this answer so I tried the one method I know. Getting a piece of floss, wrapping it around the bottom of the tooth, pulling it down to get under the tooth to the roots, crossing the floss in the front and pulling one side right and one left. This did work with one of the first 3 but I can't remember who. It usually fails as it did in this case. I made it bleed though and I was done. Feeling more desperate she went to dad. Dana had to chose between the lesser evil of 2 things he really does not like: Making Sadie unhappy (which included crying and begging for his help) or hurting her. He gave into the begging but as soon as she'd say "Oww!" He was very affected. Both results were ending in tears and I decided to start taking pictures to document the girl's stubbornness. (Sidebar: Dana has never spanked the kids once during his career as father). His final effort was a try with the pliers. This lasted about as long as the picture did.

Next she took matters into her own hands and formulated a plan involving yarn, her tooth, and a door slam. She may or may not have heard about this from me. And Holly the helpful big sis :)

But without adult help she soon realized she was (or the tooth was) going nowhere (for example tying the yarn around the tooth). Now with my job obviously as photographer, she went back to the person she always has the best luck convincing anyway.
This time with a piece of floss.
Those tears...:(

Maybe kleenex?...

And FINALLY...VICTORY!

Determination paying off :)

And you know our forgetful Tooth Fairy didn't dare forget this time. And she didn't! Whew!
The icing on the cake- Campbell lost her first tooth about 2 days later! Good thing they didn't NOT match for too long.

More wigglers on their way out soon-ish. Hopefully with less dramatic exits :).
No comments:
Post a Comment