Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween came and went before I could say "Bibbity-bobbity-boo". All I really had a chance to do was get or make (by "make" I'm not referring to sewing here. Think tying and fabric glue.) costumes for the kids. We didn't even put up decorations.

Except for spiderwebs...
 

Sadie had decided to be "Cleopatra", which is a costume we already own from Holly. Then I saw this Flapper costume- only one left, the right size, and super cheap from Gymboree- and couldn't resist. All those sparkles...I knew she'd love it!

And I thought her costume "clues" she wrote at school were perfect...
The bottom picture in the collage is from the tri-ward/neighborhood Halloween party this year. I selfishly hope we go back to a regular ward party next year. There were just way too many people there.

Holly was a gypsy. Other than her jewelry from "Party City", and the shirt we had, her costume was completely put together with a few things we got at "Savers". It was funny because we were both looking at her in the mirror after she tried it on, and I was kind of thinking her costume was a little thrown together and feeling a little guilty. Then she suddenly said, "I think this is my favorite costume I've ever had!" with a big smile. I felt much better after that.:)

This is at school before the kids' costume parade they do for the parents.
 

Eli didn't go to school that day. He started saying a couple days before that his lungs were hurting when he breathed in deep. I took him in and she said he has "walking pneumonia". I think today he's finally totally recovered. He did get to go trick or treating though. Here's Halloween night. He was a ghost pirate (like on Pirates of the Caribbean) and Emma was a living pirate. :)


An older lady asked him if he was "Paul Revere" which was pretty hilarious.
 

Emma didn't trick or treat this year, but she and Jane (we happily ran into the Froerer's) had fun coming along anyway.
  

Our beloved "witch head".


The kids did pretty well and topped off the night with the "candy trade".
 
To their dismay, it was all dumped into the same bowl and put on the fridge an hour later. To my dismay, I missed the "candy buy back" at the ortho on Nov. 1 because I was subbing.

Now my only hope is that the next 2 holidays (my 2 favorites) don't speed by me like Halloween did!

2 comments:

joyous said...

Seriously wish we had a candy buy back around here. I'm going to look for one next year for sure!!

Love the flapper costume, and the gypsy one was very cool too. Both pretty unique! Looked like a fun night!

Shannon said...

I love the kids' costumes! That flapper really is adorable. Davin is just getting over walking pneumonia too. No fun at all! Glad he was ok for the big night. :) We did candy buy back for the first time this year and my kids loved it. They said it was totally worth it to sell their candy (even though Davin only got $2 and Weston got $4). We will definitely be doing it again next year!