This is the only "before" picture I could find. What a cute little baby Sadie! And a pretty haggard looking mom probably lacking in the sleep dept.
Anyway, we've had this one bookcase since we moved here and it's never fit all our books. We had our hearts set on having a bookcase built in this spot but eventually came to terms with the fact that it wasn't going to happen.

Thanks to Pinterest and Amy for doing this first, we found a great alternative for us. It started with a trip to Ikea for their $59 bookcases.

Next we came home and painted the MDF boards for the back that came white. I thought mustard would be a cute color. Dana agreed. So we started painting, excited about our project. As you can see, it was dark out and the kids were in bed.
By the time we let them dry, tried to slide them in the back, (trickier than expected without the glossy finish of the white), it was close to midnight. THEN we realized that was a bad color choice. I thought the yellow and our green walls would be cute together...but no. Kinda depressing when you've devoted your day to a project :(

Dana said gray would look nice. Then I said "Do we have any gray left from Emma's dresser we painted?" He thought so. I said "If we do, I'm painting it right now!" We did, and we did repaint right then. And it was worth it to go to bed feeling like we didn't throw away $180 +a Saturday.
Yesterday Dana finished it up by nail gunning wood pieces on the front and crown molding at the top to make it look like a one piece bookcase. Now to get the books in!

Project 2- repainting the main color of our house. During the week I bought the paint samples of the Benjamin Moore colors I've salivating over online and quickly set to work creating a grey/blue patchwork quilt all over the house.
I put this picture on Insta with the hashtag #50shadesofgrayonthewall. No one commented on the cleverness of the hashtag but I'm sure they chuckled at least. Maybe a silent chuckle...

Now we're FINALLY narrowing it down after a few somewhat heated "non-arguments":) We can both agree, however, on the fact that any choice will be an improvement on what we have. Goodbye "Dune" forever!
I'll keep you "post"ed!
2 comments:
They look great!!! It's so fun doing projects together!
Fun projects!!! I love how your bookcase turned out! Happy painting!
Post a Comment