Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day


I had a full heart yesterday. I was missing my dad- as I always do on Father's Day (as well as lots of regular days) but I also just had such a sense of gratitude because:

#1. I was blessed to have a wonderful dad. He was a very good man and seemed to get better and better the older he got. And he sure loved being a "papa" (grandpa) for the few years he got to be.

#2. I now have such an amazing husband. My children will honor his name forever. I don't think a man can get any better in the "dad" department. I put together a little collage. It took me awhile since I had to look through so many pictures but it makes me so happy to see so many great memories all mixed up together.:) He truly goes above and beyond for all of us.

#3. I'm very thankful for my father-in-law. He played a HUGE part in shaping Dana into the man he is. He still gets out and plays with his grandkids. He turns 80 this August. How many 80 years olds really play with kids? He loves to tease them and they just eat it up. He's one of the healthiest people I've met so I expect he'll be around for awhile. I'm so thankful for that since they don't have another grandpa. I kinda get the feeling my sweetheart might be a fun grandpa someday like he is :)

I love Father's Day because it's the chance to honor good men. The world would definitely benefit if we had more of them. It'd probably be a lot more like Heaven.

No comments: