Holly
Because Holly's been taking gymnastics twice a week, I get to have some one-on-one time with her in the car. Here are some things I've noticed:
- She's developing a fun sense of humor.
- She REALLY likes Christmas music. Especially the ones with "Holly" in them.
- She likes to theorize on why things are, the way they are, and get my opinion. And when she does this she looks out the window and I can see her reflection, reflecting (pondering) in the glass.
- She's good at remembering details and I get the inside scoop of life in 2nd grade.
She works hard at everything she does- something that is priceless to a parent. Whether it's cleaning the toilet, doing homework, or practicing piano I can count on her doing her best.
I like this shot of her decorating the tree this year.
At a friend's Christmas talent show. She and her friend Ellie:)
Love our sweet little smoosh! (even though she's not very "smooshie" anymore).
Sadie
She's a sunshiney one:) She's half way through Kindergarten and having a good year. I did get a not super email from her teacher one day though. Here's what it said....
Hi,
Sadie had kind of an "out of sorts" day today, and I wanted to let you know, because it isn't like her! During calendar time she was picking sand and little stones out of the seams in her boots, then playing with them, which was distracting others. I asked her to put it in the trash, and just put her hands in her lap. She continued to do it, even after I reminded her again. I told her she had to move her "stick down" and she just rolled her eyes at me.
At the end of the day, we were trying to clean up to leave, and she just kept coloring. Others at her table were trying to put pencil boxes away, and asking her to stop, but she just kept coloring. When I asked her to stop, she said that it didn't matter if she kept coloring, it was no big deal and no one was going to die. I explained that she needed to follow directions, and simply got the eye roll again.
This is not typical of her, and I am not overly concerned, but wanted to let you know.
So that wasn't very fun to read even though I know Sadie and wasn't really worried. I had a talk with her and she immediately burst into tears saying her teacher doesn't like her. Her teacher is definitely not a warm, fuzzy type that you hope for your Kindergartner. I have to admit that the letter made me laugh a little but I didn't let on to Sadie about that. I talked to her about how important it is to be respectful and a good listener.
I suppose she has not had anymore "out of sorts days" because I haven't gotten anymore emails.
She's been learning those sight words and doing good with reading. This will be a good chance for her to learn that adults/people/teachers are all different.
I suppose she has not had anymore "out of sorts days" because I haven't gotten anymore emails.
She's been learning those sight words and doing good with reading. This will be a good chance for her to learn that adults/people/teachers are all different.
For the first couple months of school I was on the computer a lot in the morning and letting her watch TV. Suddenly I realized I was squandering the precious time I have with my baby before she's "all day" next year. So now we've been reading more, playing more, talking more. And after Friday's tragedy especially, I want to stay as committed as I can to enjoying the time I have with my little ones. Being a mother is truly a blessing and I hope to get through their little years without regrets...or as few as possible.
Crazy Hair Day!
Sadie started gymnastics and is loving it so far. So thankful for our little one :) I love her and all 4 of them so much. My cup runneth over.







2 comments:
Holly is a girl after my own heart! I love that she has her favorite Christmas songs....I know I have my favorite! ;)
Baha ha haha! Sadie is so right! No one is going to die. I know we can both relate to not having the warm, fuzzy kindergarten teacher. Wish I would've been a little more like Sadie, instead of crying whenever I couldn't finish my art projects. Spunky!
And Holly sounds like she's at such a fun age. I love when kids really start to think about the world around them.
I'm such a school nerd, and knowing that I'm finally almost done, I'm totally starting to get excited for James to be in school. I think about it every time I walk by Ladera Palma.
Post a Comment