We had a wonderful Christmas this year! I'm so grateful for pictures that freeze the images of life that become just a blur in my mind. December is such a fun, but busy, busy month.
We had an unusually warm November but it is definitely now freezing. It seems like I forget how truly COLD it gets here each year. I love getting use out of my sweaters! Here is Scout's favorite place to be in the winter :)
The kids had Pajama Day- the best "half-day" of the year because it's the last day before Christmas break!
We had many a half eaten gingerbread man/gingerbread house make a visit.
We went to the annual family Christmas party on Dana's side. I'm so grateful to be part of such a wonderful, very large family.
The girls wore the skirts grandma made them to church. I think Emma felt a little old for it this year.
We went to see some lights at a neighborhood nearby that goes all out. And they have a neat Nativity that you can walk through in someone's backyard :)
I had a goal at the beginning of December to be better at focusing on what Christmas is all about. Dana found a little service we could do online. It was to make birthday cards for kids who are in foster care. It was something small and we didn't get as focused as I would have liked, but it was
something, and it can be a jumping off place for next year.
Once Christmas break arrived, my family came out.
My favorite part of Christmas.
And of course then, the fun, got even...more fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment