Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween was fun as could be this year. We checked all the usual things off our lists.

 Ward Party
It was at the park closest to our house this year which was nice and convenient :)

Sadie was a BYU cheerleader.

Holly an Indian.

Eli an army guy, which was a last minute pick and turned out to be a good one because he and Dana play army/spies sometimes.

Emma was a ninja and I didn't really get a picture of her because she wasn't around me very much at the ward party. But all their costumes were repeats except Eli! Score! Emma decided to be a ninja again so she didn't have to walk into the "Spirit" store and see the flying devil-babies overhead leering at her with a chainsaw in one hand, bottle in the other. Who can blame her really? I definitely didn't question it. I love free costumes:)

I did catch a group one on Halloween night:

We carved the pumpkins (at the very last minute).

Sadie actually liked squishing the "goop" this year!

She is really going through a silly phase. I'm still waiting for the other ones to grow out of that phase too.

All that work and we forgot to light them up on Halloween. Can you believe it? I did make some really yummy seeds this year though. The recipe called for 2 T. of sugar and they were like a little treat.

The kids had their fun at school- except Emma who is beside herself that there is nothing fun in Jr. High. Ever.

 Sadie's Kindergarten festival.

With her friend Corbin :)

Holly's class party

Eli's class party


Alix, Jay-Jay, Eli

On Halloween night it was my turn to pass-out candy. Dana got the fire-pit going for me in the driveway and put up a table with our sound-sensored witch-head on it. That thing was the star of the show. I watched people take pictures of their kids with it all night and now I wish I would've got one. We had a pretty steady flow of kids and I came within a few pieces of running out of candy. A couple across the street from us had the nerve to give out FULL-Sized candy bars. Every kids dream come true. But hey- no one's forcing my mini tootsie-rolls into your bags, kids! Haha. I'm just jealous because that was my unfulfilled dream as a kid:)

Happy election day tomorrow! So exciting. Go vote!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Mom keeps saying how kids just don't go trick-or-treating here anymore. We only got like 3, and two were people we know.
But I figured it out. We took James to a few houses on our street. On the corner, they have a little girl about 7. When we got there, they were getting ready to take her out. But they were going to NORTH HILLS, meaning richer, meaning better candy, meaning EVERYONE'S childhood dream of full-sized candy bars.
Just thought you might want the inside scoop of La Habra social trends. You're welcome.
And, of course, your kids are cute!