Friday, June 1, 2012
Movin' On
On the last day of school our elementary has the "6th Grade Walk-Out". It's pretty simple. It's actually just the last 5 mins of the day. They play some fun music over the intercom and the 6th graders walk out of the school with kids from the lower grades lining the aisles, cheering, and high-fiving them. I told Emma I would come, and showed up as it was starting, with my video camera in hand. Honestly, I wasn't expecting any emotion. I'm not sure why but I wasn't thinking about it. So I started videoing these kids walking out. And I started seeing faces that I've seen since they were 1st graders, which was the school's very first year. The kids cheering on the sidelines started melting my heart a little. Then the grins on the 6th graders faces a little more. Then unexpectedly early Emma came around the bend and the tears just started flowing. Is my little girl really that old? When did this happen? And even more frightening is that everyone says when they start Jr. High it goes way faster! Anyway, I held out my arm and she stopped and gave me a hug. My sweet Emma...(yes I'm crying again:)
And I was not the only one!
Her friends were very emotional and Emma got a little teary-eyed as well.
Emma and her teacher Mrs. Bray. I never got one at the beginning of the year so I was happy to catch this spontaneous one :)
Jr. High- you better be ready for some awesome-ness coming your way in a couple months! (A little sooner than her mom might be ready for.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So sweet. :) Hope she has fun in jr. high!
Oh boy! Junior high. DAH, Dah, dah! I hope she's able to still let things roll off her back and enjoy herself. Emma's so cool!
Was Janie at this? No pics of her?
Post a Comment