- Emma went to the 6th grade dance today at school. She was worried a boy would ask her to dance. She was a worried a boy wouldn't ask her to dance. She said she didn't want to go except they had a chocolate fountain there (thank goodness for that). I happened to be going to Holly's end-of-year 1st grade DVD viewing as the dance was kicking off. The front desk lady told me I might be able to sneak a peek through the Project Room. They were playing some lively songs to get the kids out on the floor ("I Throw My Hands Up In the Air Sometimes") and it was working. Those kids were living up their last moments of Elementary School. I tried my best not to let them see the creeper in the window with a big smile on her face. Later Emma told me 5 boys asked her to dance :) It's just so cute I can't stand it.
- I went to Holly's DVD viewing. She got the "caring" award and the "amazing illustrator" award. She's had a very happy 1st grade year :)
- My kind, thoughtful neighbor brought me a quart or so of juiced carrots "with a hint of broccoli". It provided me much needed vitamins and my body loved it!
- After school I asked the kids to clean their rooms and do a small job. Eli lost it. Don't worry- I'm comin' round to the happy part. He earned another job for his reaction and then started crying. He hates when he cries. I asked him if he was crying about the work and he said no, he's crying because he got so mad. I talked to him about weaknesses and strengths and God's promise to us. I told him there are lots of people who overcome their tempers and he can too. After this talk he did all his work and then hugged me. Then he proceeded to make me coupons. "10 min back massage", "Good for making bed and room", "Making breakfast, lunch or dinner", etc. Meanwhile I was mopping. After I was done I said I better cash in my massage coupon to help my achy back. He then ran and put a "good pillow" on the couch for my face, turned on some "soft music" (Beatles- "Across the Universe") and gave me my massage. There was a lot of karate-chop action. I tell you, I couldn't NOT smile. He's so sweet.
- Dana has an app on his phone that plays church music. He sings along with it when he sings goodnight to the kids now. Tonight Eli joined in with "In Humility Our Savior". It was so sweet to hear them singing together and brought tears to my eyes.
Tomorrow: Holly's "Water Day", Eli's class party, Sadie's preschool graduation. Oh...and the last day to make lunches in the morning for a few months. Can I get a Hallelujah?
Happy Summer!
6 comments:
Love, love, love it! So many small and simple things add up to so much happiness. :) You have such a sweet family, Katie!!
--Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your first day of summer!!!
Aww I love hearing about your cute family. Such great teaching moments and it sounds like you took full advantage with good results. Happy end of the school year!
What a sweet post! I love that you jotted it all down so you can read this back in years to come. My favorite was Emma's school dance story :) I just love those Kleven kids!
Ps what's Dana's church music app? I'm still trying to find a good one for that.
Hey Carrie- the app is called "LDS music" and it's free. There's also another cool church one that gives you everyone in your stake's address and phone number called "LDS tools".
I had to read this post to Eter, it was so good. Your kids are so great. Oh, and you guys, too. Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment