I have felt so much support from all my friends and family and also blessed with a lots of information from them and from the internet thanks to my great friend "Google". I feel like I'm gaining a good understanding of what gluten is and why some people don't tolerate it as well and I have hopes that it could help me out with my RA. I've had a big decrease in inflammation and less morning stiffness. But really time will tell and if it doesn't make a difference in the end, I can rest easy knowing I tried.
Now just to brag about Eli for a tiny second. He has been such a great sport. I do get complaints here and there and he's even said "I want to quit this stupid diet." (the kids have been letting the "s" word fly around a little more liberally lately and I reminded him- 'I think you mean stinkin' diet). Yesterday after church he told me his teacher brought cookies for the class and he told his teacher he couldn't have one. He wasn't complaining, just telling me. I was so impressed. And felt a little bad for him. But I got some GF donuts that I can give him when he can't have other things. And I probably shouldn't say this but I swear I'm seeing subtle differences in him and I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too high.
But one thing I know for sure- I will never give up on him. I know who he is inside and I'm going to do my best to help him shine :)
As I was at Spouts looking for Xanthan Gum I started thinking about my cooking journey. I was so clueless when we got married. I considered making "Hamburger Helper" a nice meal (poor Dana). Then later I saw this recipe I had called and got from my mom as a newlywed and it made me laugh. 
I still have a long way to go on the journey, but it's nice to know I've made some progress!

2 comments:
That is so funny that you still have that "recipe." You have come a long way! I could tell when you asked me if I wanted some gouda cheese at your house. :)
I'm glad Eli's being a sport. It seems like it should just get easier for him as he goes.
You're such a good mom!
You are an amazing mom! I am glad that the dietary changes appear to be helping so far. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.
Post a Comment