Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Snapshots of Summer Solstice Eve (which also happened to be a Monday night)

It's a good thing to capture everyday life on the blog. But it sure does seem like we've had a lot of "everyday life" so far this summer though, as we all await one beautiful 8 letter word- Vacation. (That's as fancy that I could make the font look on here :) And since we have no fancy anything happening, here's some bor...I mean typical happenings last night.

So far this summer Emma either has her face in a pair of goggles or in a book. I had to take a picture of our artichokes!! I'm excited can you tell?
GF/DF pizza's on the left
Fake punch with sound effects provided by Dana.
FHE
Activity
Scriptures
Waiting for his dinner.
Goodie time!
See Sadie peeking out of the zucchini? Here's a vintage FHE picture. Isn't Dana cute?
And I must mention that we did have a little Father's Day celebration Sunday. The kids helped me make breakfast and they made cards and surprised him with them (I'm sure he had no idea what all that racket in the kitchen was :).
What can I say about Dana as a father? Well, without getting a lump in my throat, not much as it turns out. Me and the kids are just super lucky and blessed. He puts us first always.
My gift to him was new running shoes for St. George this year. I'm pretty sure they'll help him qualify for Boston this year. Oh and I also gave him lots of relaxing on Sunday.
In reflection, I guess typical isn't too bad.

Happy longest-day-of-the-year!

1 comment:

joyous said...

Great post! I love your snapshots of everyday life. :) I need to get some more of those. Hope you guys have fun on VACATION!!! (I agree, everything else pales in comparison.)