Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer Wrap-Up

We had an awesome summer. It was hardest it's ever been for me to gear up for school and schedules again. Here are some of the reasons why:

The girls were in a fun singing group. They sang songs from musicals and put on a great performance.


We had an awesome "girls" book club. We were going to discuss "Land of Stories", when my friend found out the author, Chris Colfer, was going to be in Mesa doing a book signing the very same night our book club was planned! So the girls had pretty memorable bookclub.

We started with pizza and discussing the book.


Then we went to the venue and listened to him talk about his book and being an author.


And last, the girls got to have him sign their books and meet him!

He looks a little tired :)

We went to Sunsplash.


We had lots of playtime. And swimsuit time.

This is actually a sad picture because two of these girls moved away with their family to Idaho. They also took their mom with them (how dare they!) who was one of my favorite people :(

We ignored bedtime alot.


The kids love going running with dad when it finally cools down to 95 or so at night.


More bedtime ignoring...
Holly reading Anne of Green Gables to Sadie.


We hit a D-Backs game.

I think Emma was babysitting.


Up high but dead center :)


They were pretty excited about getting cotton candy AND kettle corn.

My best friend Hiedi came to visit :)

Love her forever.

Our kids are growing up.


Especially these two big girls.


I got to have a cute dinner helper for two whole weeks while Emma passed off a Personal Progress experience.

That was just plain awesome.

Finally, I came to terms with the fact that school was coming whether I was ready or not. The girls got to find out who their teachers were...


I spent too much on 4 pairs of converse (They were all dying for new Converse) and back to school clothes. (Okay- I admit to liking that part) (the spending no, but the shopping, yes:).



All those never-ending forms, supplies to sort out, plus 3 back to school nights! Yep- I could've done summer awhile longer.

Except- the fall weather always calls my name :)

2 comments:

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

I miss you guys so much. I cried reading this. I love those cute faces.

Kate said...

Awww! Amy! I miss you too. I feel a pang in my heart every time I walk past your house- which is ALOT! And every time we have book club. You are missed. I hope those Idahoans know how lucky they are!