This morning, on my way back from walking the kids to school and enjoying the lovely morning (the desert's starting to cool off in the mornings and evenings), I remembered that I once drew a picture of the "Y" mountain sitting outside on the grass in front of Deseret Towers. I went and looked through my old scrapbook and sure enough, there it was. I wish it had a date, but I think it's probably early-ish fall- like now. Obviously I'm no artist, but this picture makes me want to pick my kids up from school, get on the freeway, grab Dana at work, and drive straight to Utah and up through Provo Canyon.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Autumn Nostalgia
As a freshman at BYU I became completely smitten with the mountains changing colors. I'd never experienced anything like it. Each day I'd look up at the mountains and take notice of which trees and bushes were turning orange or red or yellow. I loved the way everything looked more and more beautiful every day. I loved every autumn that I lived there in Provo and if there's anything in Utah I miss, that's it. (Ya, I can't think of anything else).
This morning, on my way back from walking the kids to school and enjoying the lovely morning (the desert's starting to cool off in the mornings and evenings), I remembered that I once drew a picture of the "Y" mountain sitting outside on the grass in front of Deseret Towers. I went and looked through my old scrapbook and sure enough, there it was. I wish it had a date, but I think it's probably early-ish fall- like now. Obviously I'm no artist, but this picture makes me want to pick my kids up from school, get on the freeway, grab Dana at work, and drive straight to Utah and up through Provo Canyon.
Next to it was a letter from my dad. In case I haven't mentioned, I really miss him.
I have an update post coming soon which I'll get to as soon as I can find more time in this busy week.
This morning, on my way back from walking the kids to school and enjoying the lovely morning (the desert's starting to cool off in the mornings and evenings), I remembered that I once drew a picture of the "Y" mountain sitting outside on the grass in front of Deseret Towers. I went and looked through my old scrapbook and sure enough, there it was. I wish it had a date, but I think it's probably early-ish fall- like now. Obviously I'm no artist, but this picture makes me want to pick my kids up from school, get on the freeway, grab Dana at work, and drive straight to Utah and up through Provo Canyon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a sweet letter from your dad! I love how a person's sense of humor, personality, etc can be captured in an "ordinary" letter. It must be nice to have that to remind you of those things. BTW, how did the karate tournament go on Saturday after we left? I hope Eli was happy with it and had a good time!
What a sweet letter from your dad! I love how a person's sense of humor, personality, etc can be captured in an "ordinary" letter. It must be nice to have that to remind you of those things. BTW, how did the karate tournament go on Saturday after we left? I hope Eli was happy with it and had a good time!
I LOVED Utah fall leaves, too! And even the cooler temps (if only they'd stopped there.) I feel so ready for cold and rain this year. Thanks for sharing dad's letter. Not one of his wackiest, but sweet.
Post a Comment