Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's HOT

(Emma after walking home from school last week)
Such an original title I know, but lately it feels like a theme of life round here. Tomorrow is supposed to be 115 F. My zucchini plants got attacked by some yucky beetle species and it's too hot for me to go kill them. I gave a whole-hearted effort last week and eventually came in- underclothes stuck to my skin, panting, with a tomato red face and that heebie-jeebie feeling you get when you're too close to lots of bugs (and their eggs). So Saturday I'll rip them out. (I use the word "I'll" loosely here to mean Dana.) Then in about a month when the temperature returns to one that can sustain human life and I'm free to kill insects at will with my flip flop for hours if I'd like, we'll probably plant something new.

In other news, we're now 2 weeks into school and everything seems to be going well. I think all the kids have great teachers this year. Sadie asks for friends more often being the sole child at home, but also likes to hang out with me and go on errands with me :) She's always hoping for the bank because they give "Dum-Dums" to the kids.

I got a couple cute pictures of her and Campbell the other day when I was trying to see who was taller. Aren't they sweet? The other day Sadie said she'll "love Campbell forever". She loves all her friends so much. So far she seems the most social out of the 4.
Virtually the same height!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. 115. You might be changing my mind about ever moving to Arizona. :) Glad the kids are doing well in school and they like their teachers. I'm excited for Weston to start next week. We are ready for the routine and I'm ready to be able to grocery shop without three kids in tow.

Also, those two little blondies are the cutest. Love it.

joyous said...

Sheesh! I thought July was supposed to be the awful hot month?!?! At least the kids get to be air conditioned in school. We just started this week and are adjusting to our new routines, hw, etc. Love the sweet cousin pic. Those two are adorable!

Sally said...

Such a cute picture of Cambell and Sadie!

Jill Ison said...

hot is right. we welcomed ourselves home from one hot place to the hottest place on earth. cant beat that!

what are you gonna plant in a month?

sadie and campbell are adorable little friends.