In our schools here in AZ the kids have the option of learning an instrument starting in 5th grade. I'm not gonna lie, I'm been excited about this from the moment I found that out. Free music lessons? I'll take it! Plus, I never learned to play anything and I love when the kids have opportunities to learn things I can't teach them. So Emma chose the flute and I LOVE hearing her play. I don't even mind hearing "Hot cross buns" a thousand times over. And she likes it which is what makes me the happiest. They just put on their first band performance.
It was pretty adorable.
Also a few weeks ago in church Emma and Dana sang a duet in Sacrament meeting. They sang "Come Thou Fount" and it was so beautiful! I'm sure I'm completely unbiased but one thing I do know is that they brought the Spirit into the meeting with their song. It was very sweet.
It was pretty adorable.
Also a few weeks ago in church Emma and Dana sang a duet in Sacrament meeting. They sang "Come Thou Fount" and it was so beautiful! I'm sure I'm completely unbiased but one thing I do know is that they brought the Spirit into the meeting with their song. It was very sweet. Then, the day after they sang in church, Emma tried out for "Annie Jr." their school musical this year. Only 5th and 6th graders can try out. Well she was hoping to get one of the orphan parts and she got it! She's going to be "Duffy". She's super excited. Only 63 kids out of 105 made it that tried out so it's really a privilege. It'll be so fun to watch her :)
I'm so proud of you Emma! And mostly just because of who you are the great choices you make in your life each day. Keep up the good work :)
I'm so proud of you Emma! And mostly just because of who you are the great choices you make in your life each day. Keep up the good work :)
3 comments:
That is awesome that she got a part in Annie. That will be so fun to watch her. I loved hearing her sing in church. She has a beautiful voice.
Way to go to Emma! When is the show? A show with 65 10-12 year olds...that basically what my life is like. We are starting Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat next month.
I'm still trying to find out when it is. March?
Post a Comment