Friday, October 22, 2010

Mom's 60th

Miranda had the brilliant idea to have a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom. Then between the 5 of us, and the help of a few dear friends back at home, we brought the idea to fruition. And it was a beautiful thing. My wonderful mother (who 'didn't know what she did to deserve this') was worth every second of planning plus 100 times more. She had a great night and felt our love and that was what we were all hoping for. And the icing on the cake, so to speak, was that she was completely clueless about the party!
I posted most of the pictures on Facebook so I just wanted to add these here that were made poster-size for the party. I thought they turned out cute. Thanks to John, Dana's cousin for the photoshop extras :)

I feel incredibly blessed to have been born to my mother.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I heard it was a smashing success! So fun. I love the posters. That last one looks just like a perfect mix of Miranda and Sally. I'll have to go check your FB to see the rest of the pics. I'm sure you guys made your mom's year!

XO, Jennifer Kiddle said...

What a great idea and kudos for putting it in to action and pulling it off. Your mom is so sweet and I'm so happy you were all able to get together.

kkerr said...

What a great surprise! Dee G. is such a wonderful mother and she has some of the best children around.