Monday, June 16, 2008

A Great Dad

Father's Day yesterday went by too fast like Sundays always do. I didn't really get anything for Dana except the breakfast-in-bed with the kids in the morning and a fairly lengthy nap after church. Because that was really his only gift, I was very protective of it and wouldn't let the kids disturb him. He did let Holly cuddle up next to him and fall asleep too which she desperetly needed.
I am so grateful to be married to a guy who constantly sacrifices for his family, always has a long "to do" list of things he wants to fix, keeps a reminder up in our room for himself that says "Have you played with the kids today?", and is just plain dedicated to our family. We are always #1. And I still love seeing him walk in the door at the end of the day.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey Katie, that is such a sweet picture. We sure enjoyed Holly today. Your blog looks awesome! I see you figured out how to make it beautiful. Now you can give me lessons. :)

jon♥kara said...

Hey katie I don't know what your talking about your blog is super cute. Fun post about Dana what a great dad!

Kristy said...

Hey, I'm so glad you have a blog! I love all your pictures, your kids are way too cute! Holly and Emma are looking more and more alike!

-Kristy

Mom said...

Happy Father's Day! What a great tribute to Dana. I'm so proud of all of you...